- 4 strings of cherry tomatoes on the vine (each with about 8 tomatoes)
- 8 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 x 225-250g sirloin steaks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 175g rocket
- 75g Grana Padano, cut into thin shavings
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the cherry tomatoes on the vine into a small roasting tin, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil and season. Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the tomatoes are just tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush the steaks on both sides with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season to taste. Heat a heavy-based griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium. Lift onto a board to rest.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk the mustard and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl, then whisk in the remaining olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- 4. Spread the rocket leaves over the centre of 4 plates. Slice each steak slightly on the diagonal and lift onto the rocket. Sprinkle over the balsamic dressing, then scatter with the Grana Padano shavings. Serve immediately with the roasted tomatoes.