- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 cups chicken broth unsalted or beef broth
- 11/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- few shakes of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic until softened
- Add celery, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in oregano, basil, black pepper and salt (if using)
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
~TIPS~ Jazz it up by adding lots of spices, herbs and a variety of veggies. This makes enough for about 3 days. Keeps well in the fridge for about 3 day.