1 cup unsalted butter, softened, room temperature
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs, separated, room temperature
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add in egg yolks and vanilla, mixing until fully incorporated. Set aside.
5. In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
7. Mix until batter is fluffy.
8. Beat egg whites until foamy and thick.
9. Fold egg whites into batter and mix until incorporated.
10. Pour batter into prepared pans and spread into even layers.
11. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and let cake cool in pans until pans are warm to the touch.
13. Carefully remove cakes from pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
14. When cakes are completely cooled frost with chocolate buttercream frosting.
Recipe by Divas Can Cook at http://divascancook.com/moist-yellow-cake-recipe-old-fashioned
Fluffy, Moist Homemade Yellow Cake Recipe