Bistro Shrimp and Bacon Salad
- 1 pkg (142 g) salad mi
- 1 pkg (454 g) raw peels shrimp thawed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chrushed garlic
- 6 slices Bacon , c
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC Splendido Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Cold Pressed
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC Sourdough Croutons – Lightly Buttered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC Prepared Mustard – Honey Dijon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) PC Red Wine Vinegar
- You can use PC Organics Baby Spinach instead of the field greens, if you prefer.
- Place field greens in large bowl; set aside. Pat shrimp dry on paper towels; set aside. Inresealable plastic bag, shake together flour and grinder; set aside.
- In large frying pan set over medium heat, cook bacon pieces until golden but still pliable,turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to papertowel-lined plate. Pour off bacon fat and discard. Add 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the olive oil tofrying pan and return to medium heat. Add shrimp to plastic bag; shake to coat with flourmixture. Shake excess flour mixture from shrimp and add shrimp to frying pan. Cook, turningonce or twice, until shrimp are cooked through and slightly crispy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile,add bacon and croutons to field greens; toss to combine then divide among six plates. Placecooked shrimp on top of salad, dividing evenly.