This recipe was excellent.Low in fat and it can be mixed up with other spices or herbs or garlic dressing
1 ½ lb flap steak
1 tbsp olive oil
freshly ground pepper
4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced ½” thick
- Add steak to vaccumed bag with oil,a lot of salt and a lot of pepper (A lot).
- Sous vide should be at 139 F. Place the steak in the container filled with water.
- I only cooked for 1.5 hours because I did not have enough time to put it in prior to that point but I’m glad I did because I still wanted some of the toothsome texture
- Then I removed from water bath and seared using a very hot grill cast iron pan for 1 minute per side
- At this point let it rest 10 minutes and prepare tomatos and vinaigrette
Slice tomatoes 1/4 inch thick.
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsps white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
freshly ground black pepper
Toast coriander, cumin, in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing, until fragrant, about 3 min. Let cool, then grind in food processor or using mortar and pestle.
Blend with oil, vinegar, and mustard in food processor ; season with salt and pepper. Vinaigrette can be made 4 days ahead. Cover and chill