- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/8 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and kosher salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- tomato paste,
- Stir in wine, basil, red pepper, Italian seasoning, black pepper
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.