5.4 lb top sirloin roast
1/2 lb of butter
1.5 cups oilive oil
2 tbsp rosemary
2 tbsp thyme
2 tbsp salt and pepper
Add roast and all other ingredients in a bag prepared for sous vide. Sous vide for 6 or 7 hours. Remove from sous vide, and wipe dry. Rest for 10 minutes.
Heat cast iron pan to very hot. Add a 2 tbsp of butter and oil. Sear the roast on all sides until browned.
- 1/2 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Carrots thinly sliced in rounds
- 1/2 Cut up the broccoli into bite-size florets
- 1/2 Snow peas with stem ends cut off
- 1/4 cup red peppers cut into small inch thin strips
- 2 avocados sliced thin
- 1 cup of cooked rice (either white or brown)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (cooked in 1 cup of chicken broth for 15 minutes)
- toasted sesame seeds (4 minutes in dry pan)
In small bowl, whisk together the miso, water, sugar, sake, soy sauce, and salt. While whisking constantly, gradually add the sesame oil until you have a creamy dressing. Use now or store covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
The carrots, broccoli, snow peas and red peppers can be “steamed” in the microwave for 1-2 minutes per vegetable in a microwave safe container with 1 tablespoon of water covered with plastic wrap. i did the cooking individually based on the vegetables.
Either Raw or Sesame seared Tuna (if Sesame Seed seared then coat tuna with sesame seed oil and then push into sesame seeds into tuna before searing in peanut oil or canola oil) or simply slice the raw tuna to your preference
Place rice, vegetables and quinoa at the bottom of the bowl. Add vegetables around the bowl.. add fish (either raw or cooked) on top with of the whole with the sauce as topping. I’m still working on the sweet brushed on glaze that was on the Jack Astors bowl. But I will try again!