- 4 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock (950mL)
- 4 packets powdered unflavored gelatin (1 ounce; 30g)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (2.5 ounces; 75g)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (15ml)
- 3 oil- or salt-packed anchovy filets, rinsed (or 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (15ml)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds (1.25kg) whole boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 3 steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces white button mushroom, quartered
- 4 medium carrots (10 ounces; 275g), 2 left whole, 2 cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces frozen or fresh pearl onions (thawed if frozen, peeled if fresh) (225g)
- 1 large yellow onion, unpeeled, split in half (10 ounces; 275g)
- 2 small stalks celery (3 ounces; 85g)
- 3 medium cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup sherry, dry vermouth, or red wine (8 ounces; 235mL)
- 2 tablespoons flour (about 3/4 ounces 20g)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (450g)
- 4 ounces frozen peas
Category Archives: Meat – beef-lamb-pork
5.4 lb top sirloin roast
1/2 lb of butter
1.5 cups oilive oil
2 tbsp rosemary
2 tbsp thyme
2 tbsp salt and pepper
Add roast and all other ingredients in a bag prepared for sous vide. Sous vide for 6 or 7 hours. Remove from sous vide, and wipe dry. Rest for 10 minutes.
Heat cast iron pan to very hot. Add a 2 tbsp of butter and oil. Sear the roast on all sides until browned.
Rocky marciano burger from jukebox this is F-ing amazing all agree on this and forgot to mention freezes really really well
8 strips uncooked bacon, roughly chopped
1 Spanish onion,
chopped 3 jalapeño peppers (or can of green chilies such as ,
chopped 32 oz ground beef
9 oz mild cheddar, cut into small 1/4-inch cubes
1 Tbsp steak spice
5 – 6 pumpernickel burger buns
Sliced cheddar (optional)
1. Preheat grill to 350ºFahrenheit or preheat barbecue. Or preheat griddle or re pan
2. In a medium pan over medium heat, fry bacon for 7 to 10 minutes, flipping once, until bacon is half-cooked.
3. Remove bacon strips from the pan and cool in a medium bowl; reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
4. Add the onions and jalapenos(or green chilies)to he bacon fat; stir and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions start to soften and release their moisture.
5. Pour the sautéed onions and jalapeños into the reserved bacon and set aside to cool.
6. Once cooled, stir the ground beef, cheese cubes, and steak spice into the onion and bacon mixture.
7. Divide mixture into 5 or 6 patties, to preference.
8. Roll the mixture into tight balls, then flatten them into ¾-inch thick patties.
9. If using an indoor grill, grill patties for 3 ½ minutes per side, or until juices run clear; if using a barbecue, lightly brush grates with oil to prevent sticking
This recipe was excellent.Low in fat and it can be mixed up with other spices or herbs or garlic dressing
1 ½ lb flap steak
1 tbsp olive oil
freshly ground pepper
4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced ½” thick
- Add steak to vaccumed bag with oil,a lot of salt and a lot of pepper (A lot).
- Sous vide should be at 139 F. Place the steak in the container filled with water.
- I only cooked for 1.5 hours because I did not have enough time to put it in prior to that point but I’m glad I did because I still wanted some of the toothsome texture
- Then I removed from water bath and seared using a very hot grill cast iron pan for 1 minute per side
- At this point let it rest 10 minutes and prepare tomatos and vinaigrette
Slice tomatoes 1/4 inch thick.
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsps white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
freshly ground black pepper
Toast coriander, cumin, in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing, until fragrant, about 3 min. Let cool, then grind in food processor or using mortar and pestle.
Blend with oil, vinegar, and mustard in food processor ; season with salt and pepper. Vinaigrette can be made 4 days ahead. Cover and chill
Ok so after trying out another sites steak sous vide which was very dry yet cooked to a medium I received Thomas Kellers cookbook Under Pressure and what a difference it made. This steak was juicy and perfectly cooked . I was impressed! Just to make sure you know I have a foodsaver and Anova sous vide machine (some form of sous vide machine should be used for best results). Made a few Mods and it came out great.
2 Top Sirloin steaks from Costco
Kosher Salt and coarse ground pepper
Generously season the meat on all sides with Salt and Pepper (I mean a LOT). Place in food saver and extract all air.
Cook at 139F ( or 59.5 C) for 45 minutes. Remove from water and let rest for 10 minutes. Add garlic butter and thyme to a very hot pan taking care not to burn the butter. When butter is melted add beef and brown on all sides(about 10 minutes). Remove meat and let rest before slicing.
We had this with a salad but Thomas serves with glazed carrots and cepes