4 handfuls of rocket
2 peaches, sliced*
100g double cream Brie cheese, sliced
handful dried cranberries or fresh pomegranate seeds
8 or so slices prosciutto, torn up
extra-virgin olive oil
cranberry pear balsamic vinegar
freshly ground pepper and sea salt
Arrange rocket on a platter and scatter prosciutto, peach sliced, brie and cranberries. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Beautiful!
* You can also use other stone fruit such as plums, apricots, nectarines or apples. Use your favorite flavored balsamic vinegar if you can’t find the cranberry pear and try, if you can, to choose a white balsamic vinegar (for esthetic purposes). I also did it with Halloumi cheese which is all I had and it worked great.
As Thomas Keller has stated, this is his house vinaigrette recipe—pared down to the very essentials. Three ingredients, no salt or pepper, just the delicious basics. We recommend following his recipe by adding fresh herbs like tarragon, parsley and chives to the lettuce, some minced shallots, as well as a dash of salt and pepper, and serving it up daily!
We spotted this recipe on some of our favorite food sites and blogs so we wanted to share it with you in hopes that you share it with your guests, family and friends, too!
- THOMAS KELLER’S HOUSE VINAIGRETTE:
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1. Combine mustard and vinegar by hand.
2. When completely combined, slowly drizzle in oil.
3. If the ingredients separate, whisk it together. Can be stored up to 2 weeks in refrigerator.
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 heaping tablespoon prepared mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
2 tsp dijon mustard
3 teaspoons honey
1-2 garlic clove
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive
Blend all together and strain and serve over steak and tomatoes
8 to 10 red potatoes -rinsed and quartered, 1 bunch of chives -rinsed and chopped, 1 pkg bacon – cooked and crumbled, Dijon mustard 1/3 cup, Mayo ( I used smart balance) 1/4 cup, Rice vinegar 1 Tablespoon (NOT rice wine vinegar), Salt, pepper, splenda, olive oil -Toss potatoes with oil, salt, pepper and roast till brown -Mix mayo, dijon, rice vinegar, and a dash of salt, pepper, and Splenda together in a bowl. – once potatoes are done mix with chives, bacon and dijon sauce.
For the Potato Salad
- Put potatoes in a 4-quart pot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a knife. Drain and cut into chunks.
- Meanwhile brown the bacon until it is golden and crispy. Drain the bacon fat reserving a few tablespoons for the dressing.
- Place potatoes, bacon, celery and green onions into a large salad bowl. Add the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
For the Dressing
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon, vinegar, bacon fat and relish.
14 OZ CAN OF HEARTS OF PALM DRAINED
6 RADISHES THINLY SLICED
LEMON JUICE (ABOUT 1 LEMON)
1 TABLESPOON VEGETABLE OR OLIVE OIL
SALT AND PEPPER
GENTLY TOSS TOGETHER AND SERVE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE