- 1/2 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Carrots thinly sliced in rounds
- 1/2 Cut up the broccoli into bite-size florets
- 1/2 Snow peas with stem ends cut off
- 1/4 cup red peppers cut into small inch thin strips
- 2 avocados sliced thin
- 1 cup of cooked rice (either white or brown)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (cooked in 1 cup of chicken broth for 15 minutes)
- toasted sesame seeds (4 minutes in dry pan)
In small bowl, whisk together the miso, water, sugar, sake, soy sauce, and salt. While whisking constantly, gradually add the sesame oil until you have a creamy dressing. Use now or store covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
The carrots, broccoli, snow peas and red peppers can be “steamed” in the microwave for 1-2 minutes per vegetable in a microwave safe container with 1 tablespoon of water covered with plastic wrap. i did the cooking individually based on the vegetables.
Either Raw or Sesame seared Tuna (if Sesame Seed seared then coat tuna with sesame seed oil and then push into sesame seeds into tuna before searing in peanut oil or canola oil) or simply slice the raw tuna to your preference
Place rice, vegetables and quinoa at the bottom of the bowl. Add vegetables around the bowl.. add fish (either raw or cooked) on top with of the whole with the sauce as topping. I’m still working on the sweet brushed on glaze that was on the Jack Astors bowl. But I will try again!
- 1 whole chicken cut up in 8 pieces
- two chicken breasts cut in one inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 250g rindless bacon chopped
- 2 leeks, pale section only, washed, ends trimmed, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- 800 button mushrooms, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 5 cups chicken stock
- (2 cup) white wine
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
Preheat oven to 350. Heat a 3L (12-cup) capacity flameproof, ovenproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and 2 tablespoon of butter, when melted add half the whole chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken, reheating the dish between batches.
Heat oil and butter in the dish over medium-high heat. Add the bacon, leek, mushroom and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined. Add the stock, wine and thyme, and bring to the boil
Return the chicken and chicken breast pieces to the dish. Cover and bake in oven for 40m minutes
Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the cream and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.