- 2 1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1 pound small redskinned potatoes, quartered 2 tablespoons
- Madras curry pASTE
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic,
- 5 slices naan bread
- 2 15 ounce cans diced fireroasted tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, plus 1 tablespoon brine from the jar Directions .
- Toss the beef and potatoes with the curry powder,
- 1 teaspoon cumin,
- 1 tablespoon ginger,
- the garlic,
- 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a 6quart slow cooker.
- Crumble 1/2 slice of naan into small pieces over the beef and potatoes, then pour in the tomatoes. Cover and cook on low, 7 hours. Uncover and skim off any fat from the top of the mixture. Stir well to combine, then let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, pickled jalapenos and brine, 1/4 cup water and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1 tablespoon ginger in a food processor. Pulse until combined; season with salt and pepper. 27/04/2015 SlowCooker Beef Curry Recipe : Food Network Kitchen : Food Network http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/foodnetworkkitchens/slowcookerbeefcurry.print.html 2/2 © 2015 Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved. Stir 3 tablespoons of the cilantro puree into the slow cooker; season with salt